Thank you so much for watching!! If you like this recipe, please subscribe to my channel for more delicious home cooked meals!! 💜
Dont forget to check out my Mexican rice video!!
This Carne Guisada is so tender and flavorful! Diced beef chuck roast in gravy comes together to make a delicious guisada. This works great in tortillas served as tacos or paired with rice and beans for a complete dinner. YUM!!!!!
Author: Yesenia Montoya
2 1/2 – 3 lbs of beef chuck roast diced into 1-inch pieces
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt ( use less if you are using fine salt)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup of bell pepper
2 cloves of minced garlic
4 tbsp of flour
3 tbsp tomato sauce
3 cups hot water
2 tsp beef bouillon powder or 2 tsp better than bouillon beef base
1 tsp ground cumin
1. In a hot skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. Next, add the diced beef. The beef will start to produce liquid. Simmer on medium heat and occasionally stir for 15 minutes or until most of the juice has evaporated.
2. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes or until the veggies have softened.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the beef and saute for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomato sauce and stir to combine. The sauce should start to brown. Add 3 cups of water. It will sizzle! Next, add the beef bouillon and cumin. Stir everything around making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil. Once the guisada starts to boil, set heat to low and reduce to a gentle simmer. The gravy will thicken as it cooks. Simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Add 1 tbsp or 2 of water if the sauce thickens too much while simmering.
5. That’s It!! Enjoy with your favorite tortillas and serve with some rice and beans!!