This Beef Rump cap(Coulotte) roast recipe is so juicy, so tender, have so much flavor, you have to fight for a piece at the table!
This is Beef Rump Cap(Coulotte) also known as picanha, fat cap, top sirloin cap, it`s a triangle shape muscle with fat on top, don`t mistake it with the other tougher cuts from the round!!!
Wireless meat thermometer:
– Beef rump cap, mine was 3,3 lbs/1,5 kg
– 4-5 medium onions
– 1 tablespoon salt flakes or whatever salt you have
– 1 tablespoon peppercorns
– 1,5 tablespoons olive oil
– 1,5 tablespoons soya sauce
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– Half a teaspoon sugar
– Half a teaspoon Cayenne pepper, or a little more if you like it more spicy
– 1 teaspoon Cajun spice mix
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
– 1,5 tablespoon/20g butter
– Half a cup/115ml chicken stock or beef
– Fresh thyme
Cook the meat in preheated oven 212F/100C, no fan and stick a thermometer in the thick part after an hour. Mine was ready in about hour and a half, so that was like half an hour per pound/0,5kg.
Mine internal temp was set on 137F/58C. If you want it more red set it to 131F/55C, for less red set it 140F/60C.